Unlike traditional retail, business offices are not often the first to come to mind when thinking of crime prevention. Offices are the sources of finance and income, they contain valuable information and equipment or items that are necessary to the productivity of a workplace. In addition to high priced items such as computers, printers, and work-used phones, they also house files with private or personal information making offices vulnerable for identity theft.
Here are a few tips to reduce your risks:
- Make sure to password protect computers and other system equipment that have the potential of either being hacked or stolen.
- Keep personal belongings in a secure place.
- Lock filing cabinets with keys or combinations. Many times social security, bank information, confidential client information, information about employees and other private information is at risk when left out or open. Make sure that Protected Personal Information (PPI) is locked up when not being used.
- Keep some lights on over night after leaving an office.
- Turn off or log off of computers at the end of the work day prevents others from using your computer and accessing information.
- Lock the doors in the evening
When a crime occurs, notify the building’s security and/or the police. Make sure your property coverage is up to date! Call us for more information on how to cover your business property.
At Virginia Beach insurance company WBR Insurance we offer a full portfolio of policies, including business insurance. We pride ourselves in establishing personal relationships with our customers to assist you in protecting what matters most. To get a free quote for your Virginia Beach business insurance needs, give us a call at 757-340-0028 or visit our website www.WBRInsurance.com.
Fix Website Issue with WordPress Support From GeometricBox